Thursday, December 04, 2014

Idina Menzel Ablum Review

 
 
 

 
 
I can't even tell you how excited I was to review Idina Menzel's new album Holiday Wishes. I am a huge fan of Idina's, ... and Christmas music, so this was a win win for me.
Not only is Idina a tony award-winning singer/actor, but this album was produced by Grammy award-winner Walter Afanasieff! Afanasieff has helped a few other singers, maybe you've heard of them, Barbra Sreisand, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey ... no big deal. !!
Her new album includes a few Christmas favorites like "All I want for Christmas is You" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" Have you ever heard "River" by Joni Mitchell? Go, fast, it's perfect. She also does a duet with none other then Michael Buble' "Baby it's Cold Outside." I'm a huge fan of his, so that's one of my favorites on the album. Honestly, though, the whole album is so so good. Even if you don't know Idina's music, you'll love this album ... I know it, I just know it.
I need to grab the Target exclusive copy of this album too, I want to hear the 2 exclusive tracks including "Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"
Fun fact. Did you know that Idina made history as the first person with both a Billboard Top 10 hit and Tony award for acting? How amazing is she. I can't wait to see/hear her in her role on Broadways If/Then. Really, I could go on and on all day. 
I'm sure everyone knows Idina as the voice of Elsa on the Disney movie/soundtrack Frozen. My house full of girls (and even the 2 outnumbered boys) LOVE the movie Frozen and especially the amazing hit "Let it Go."
Can we talk about WICKED for just a minute? ... I thought so. Elphaba. Wicked is one of my all time favorite Broadway plays. I've never been lucky enough to see it in person, but am in love with the soundtrack. I own the soundtrack and piano music, and they are definitely up there on my favorites list. My girls really like "defying gravity" and I'm glad they share my love of music. As you can see, I enjoy Idina's voice. That is why I was more then thrilled to hear her Christmas album. If I could get away with it, I would listen to Christmas music all year long. I think the world would be a better place if we had some of that holiday cheer ALL YEAR ROUND!
Seriously, do everyone a favor, and listen to this album. I know it will put you in the Christmas mood, and everyone around you will benefit from it!!
 * iTunes: http://bit.ly/IMHolidayWishes
  * Amazon:  http://bit.ly/IDINAHOLIDAY
 * Official Idina Menzel website: www.idinamenzel.com
 * Twitter - @idinamenzel
 * Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/IdinaMenzel
 * YouTube - http://bit.ly/IMHWVID
Watch her video ...
 

 
 I participated in the Idina Menzel Holiday Wishes album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.


No comments: