Monday, June 22, 2015

Joy Williams Album Review "VENUS"


I was given a copy of Joy Williams new album "Venus" in return for my honest review. I absolutely love The Civil Wars, and couldn't wait to hear William's solo album. The Civil Wars split late 2014, and this is Williams first solo album, and she went big. This album doesn't disappoint, I can't get enough. Williams has such an amazing, haunting voice. I can't even describe how cool her sound is, you have to listen to appreciate it. I've read that this is her "breaking through" album. Not so much her breaking up (concerning the civil wars,) but really her coming into her own. "Venus" starts out strong from the first song, and every single song after is still just as good as the first one. If you've heard of The Civil Wars or Joy Williams, or not, please listen to this album. This shows my music style perfectly, give it a shot!
I participated in the Joy WIlliams Venus album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.

Go to I-tunes to check it out HERE
Prefer Amazon? Go HERE

No comments: